The beautiful Celtic design of the Shareen beanie makes it an ideal project for knitters who are looking to really practice their cable knitting abilities. Once you've knit this super fun hat pattern, you will be addicted to cable knitting! This hat shows you that the possibilities with cables are truly endless!
This hat is knit in the round (from the bottom up) on circular knitting needles, switching to double pointed needles when necessary during the decreasing of stitches for shaping the top.
SIZE: Adult only (head circumference of 22 inches).
To make this hat, you will need some experience with:
• Basic knitting stitches (knit and purl) as well as slightly more advanced stitches (i.e. knitting through the back loop and knitting two stitches together decrease).
• Knitting in the round.
• Knitting cabled stitches with a cable hook (also called cable needle or cable stitch holder).
• Hat requires approximately 1.25 skeins (140 yards) of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Tweed Worsted Weight Yarn. Colours in photos are (Down Heather and North Pole Heather).
• Size 4 (3.5 mm) 16” circular knitting needles.
• Size 8 (5 mm) 16” circular knitting needles.
• Size 8 (5 mm) double pointed knitting needles.
• Cable Needle.
• Stitch markers.
• Yarn needle for weaving in ends.
• Pompoms and buttons (optional).
Permission To Sell Finished Items: You have my permission to sell any items that you make with my patterns. I kindly request that you credit Leelee Knits and link back to the Leelee Knits website when selling your work online. As well, please use your own images of the actual items that you make.